Wednesday 12 August 2009

Rocks and Roots

Putting on the pack is not as bad today, but maybe that is because I have eaten virtually all the food. The midges are out in force and I am glad I had Freja on the lead or she would have been half way across Loch Lomond chasing the ducks and ducklings that paid a morning visit to the campsite.

The track to the farm where we were to meet Ronan was exceptionally difficult. This had been predicted but the rocks and roots held us up considerably. We met Ronan and my concerns were quick to evaporate when I discovered that he was sending his pack on to Tyndrum by van. I was going to find it difficult to pack up more food, especially as he had seeming;y taken it upon himself to double up on everything I had bought!

In the afternoon, the track was better, though it was late by the time we arrived in Tyndrum. It was a great relief coming down past the rail viaduct to the road but seemed much further after that than I had imagined… but this is the story of the Way! That night we ate in the local chippy, or at least the Explorers did… I ate ooutside with Freja and Ronan kindly joined me.

No comments:

Post a Comment