Sunday 2 August 2009

Passing time

This morning, Freja and I walked up to the broch beyond Totaig. It was 35 years ago that I first came here and in that time, the forest around it has grown and been felled, so the view is not dissimilar from that when I was first here. There were a few showers while we were out but within minutes of our return, the heavens opened.

We took to the water in the afternoon and Freja was much more relaxed than last year, curling up to rest on the deck. She was interested in the seagulls but not in the seal, which I don't think she saw, nor in the porpoises, which I don't think she recognised as creatures.

In the eveneing, after Hugh's canard a l'orange, Hugh and Ilona took to the water again to avoid the midges and Freja and I walked along the shore. What a great view there was back to the Five Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment