Saturday 1 August 2009

Relaxation

Good heavens, nearly a week has gone past since I last wrote anything in this weblog. Luckily this is not a diary, so I have no need to account for myself, but it was a fairly hectic week planning my trip away, or rather trips away.

Freja and I are now on the first of these staying with friends Hugh and Ilona in Letterfearn on the south shore of Loch Duich. Despite the forecasts, today has been a lovely day (until about 5 o' clock anyway). We spent the morning helping Hugh in the garden — Hugh was mowing the lawn, I was strimming the edges and Freja was searching for rabbits (and eating the raspberries, but don't tell Ilona). We then had a game of croquet and Freja was very good in not retrieving the balls for us… though she might have been more interested had they been hedgehogs.

In the afternoon we went for a walk up beyond Loch Cluanie, ending up with afternoon tea from Kim at Ceannacroc Lodge. What a small world it is. Ilona knew Kim's mother, Norma, and stepfather, Richard, through opera in Edinburgh and I knew Richard by proxy from the Shakespeare at Traquair.

Back home to An Goirtean via the Kintail Lodge Hotel and I prepared asparagus salad followed by my green Thai curry with pineapple rice and non-long beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment